Crystal Meth is a powerful central nervous system (CNS) stimulant that is popular as a recreational drug (contracted from N-methylamphetamine). Methamphetamine is a strong stimulant that creates a state of euphoria similar to that provided by cocaine quite quickly. It can also, usually smoke-like, be in the form of crystals.
Methamphetamine works on the brain by increasing the sensation of pleasure. This offers a sense of profound well-being. But it is also a potent medication that has other less benign and downright destructive consequences. The use of methamphetamine, even if only once, can have the following effects:
- Agitation and fear are activated by it.
- It is caused by excessive volubility. (It is very uncomfortable to be in the company of a person who does not stop talking!).
- A sense of persecution is created. You’re getting cynical and mistrustful of everyone, including your mates.
- Methamphetamine also induces confusion and anger, and violence is provoked.
- The risk is very high in people who are very active when taking this drug, if the body temperature rises, and too high body temperature can lead to death.
- With debilitating or even lethal effects, it raises blood pressure, which can cause a stroke.
- It may cause convulsions or modify the heart rate. Although rare, these findings may lead to lifelong heart or brain problems or even death.
- It is accompanied by a rough descent: when one is no longer under the influence of methamphetamine, one feels tired, depressed, nervous, and very irritable; we sweat profusely and we feel hungry.
Consumption of Crystal Meth online in large amounts or for a long time may
- Damage to the regions of the brain which control perception and movement. This can cause memory loss, difficulty recalling, depression, tremors, and balance difficulties.
- Make tingling and visual and auditory hallucinations (which may mean that one’s body is full of bustling insects) and sound like everyone’s backpacking experiences that can last for months or even years after you stop using methamphetamine.
- Cutting your appetite. Some individuals are so tiny and fragile that they struggle to combat infections in their bodies.
- Loss of Gums and Teeth (a “meth mouth” condition).
- Lead individuals to give up their friends, relatives, and activities that give pleasure.